Spartanburg Moms

A gathering place for moms in Upstate South Carolina

Partners for Active Living is hosting a planning session aimed at slowing traffic around Va-Du-Mar Park to make it easier to bike or walk there from the surrounding neighborhoods.

Over a thousand people live within walking distance of Va-Du-Mar Park in Boiling Springs, but walking or biking there can be dangerous, especially with children.

Be part of the process to plan and recommend changes to McMillin Boulevard near the park. Make your voice heard. Help make walking and biking to the park safer.

Attend a planning session:

When: Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where: Upstate Family Resource Center

1850 Old Furnace Road

Boiling Springs, SC 29316

Children are welcome. A light dinner will be served.

For more information call Ned Barrett or Rochelle Williams at Partners for Active Living at 864-598-9638, or email nbarrett@active-living.org, or rwilliams@active-living.org.

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for posting this! We visit this park about once a month...it's our favorite Boiling Springs park :)

Great, Ashley--I look forward to meeting you. Help spread the word! The more folks we get to the meeting, the better our recommendations will be (and be received!)

Ned

I'll put this in the community calendar of the SHJ. It runs in the Sunday paper. That ok?

Great!
Ashley Dill said:

I'll put this in the community calendar of the SHJ. It runs in the Sunday paper. That ok?

what time?

The meeting will be held from 6:30-7:30 pm. Again, children are welcome, and a light dinner wil be served. Hope to see lots of folks there.

Thanks,

Ned

Ned Barrett said:

The meeting will be held from 6:30-7:30 pm. Again, children are welcome, and a light dinner wil be served. Hope to see lots of folks there.

Thanks,

Ned

Cindy Lathan said:

Ned Barrett said:

Thanks,

Ned

Please try to get this in the Hometown News as well, if you haven't already.  I live near this park and do not take the advantage of it that I should just simply for the inability to access it by foot or bike safely.    Hope to be able to attend the meeting.

Your story is exactly the kind we are looking for: this is a very nice facility that deserves to be well used. We have heard from a number of people that they are concerned about traffic on the roadway. I look forward to meeting you.

Ned Barrett

Partners for Active Living

864-598-9638

Reply to Discussion

RSS

A gathering place for moms in Upstate South Carolina.

© 2014   Created by Tom Priddy.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service